Friday, November 7, 2008

Closer...no, closer!

I got a new lens (oh, by the way Todd- I got a new lens :o) ). It's a Sigma 28mm 1.8 and I'm pretty much in love with it. Thanks to Josh Solar for the recommendation!

So last weekend I wanted to see how close I could get to my subjects and have the image be in focus. I started at about a foot away. Everything still in focus. I moved 8 inches closer....still clear. I moved closer- about 4 inches away and it was STILL in focus! Finally I just put the lens right on the subject (not in focus) and moved back until it was in focus. How far back you ask? About 2 inches. I can focus on an object at 2 inches!

In. love.















7 comments:

Stacey said...

That flower is so pretty. Your pictures look great!

Nemmie said...

Um, I totally hate you and your super-fancy macro lens. Those pictures are amazing.

Biatch.

Nemmie said...

By the way - tagged for your the Kreativ Blog award - see my blog.

Cheers,
Nems

Audrey said...

Oooh I'm SO jealous of your lens, those pictures turned out fantastic.

Stolte Family said...

Sarah...those are wonderful pictures girlie!!!

Amanda said...

Those photos are amazing! I see great things out of you in the future with that lens!

Leslie said...

Awesome photos! You have such an artful eye :)