Friday, April 24, 2009

The Birth of Samantha

You never realize how amazing giving birth is until you've actually watched someone do it. My son's birth was not what I had anticipated so I never got to really get a feel for what a non-surgical birth is like. I must say that's it's pretty stressful waiting around to get "the call'' to head to the hospital to take pictures. It's kind of like I was waiting to go into labor, only without the almost-too-much anticipation, pain and discomfort...and heartburn. Oh, and the waddling...and the annoying comments like "you look like you're going to POP!".

I digress.


So yesterday I was given the chance to capture little Samantha's entrance into this world. I was touched beyond belief by how her parents handled the labor. They did such a great job, especially Jennifer! She did all the hard work while Brett was right there supporting her every second. I cried right along with them as we all got to see her for the very first time!

(Here's a sneak peek at a few images. I have about a million to edit so I'll post more at a later date.)


Jennifer and Brett, thank you SO MUCH for letting me be a part of this amazing day. Samantha is absolutely perfect!
























































1 comment:

Nemmie said...

Amazing Sarah - fantastic job!!