Monday, October 6, 2008

Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead

Saturday was a fun day! Todd and his brother Scott went up to Nebraska to watch the Tigers slaughter the Huskers and left myself and my sister-in-law, Mary, to fend for ourselves. It was a beautiful day out so we took the kids to Deanna Rose Farmstead for a little while. This was my first time visiting and I was extremely surprised to see how cool this place is! I had no idea. It's much bigger than I thought and they have some really cool animal displays. Best part? It's FREE!!! You can fish, watch a cow get milked, feed baby goats with bottles (I'm totally doing this next time!!!), ride horses, sit in the butterfly garden...so much to do! And ina couple weeks they are having some Halloween events too. Check it out! And while you're there, leave a few dollars in one of the donation boxes so this place can continue to stay open. Did I mention it was free? Here's some shots from the outing.



Payton and Mary

baby Jake with a baby cow


baby Jake with a big cow


Bugs eye view.


Milk for the nerves? And all this time I thought it was wine for the nerves...hhmmm.






\

He's got his daddy's eyelashes!



Jake, me and the goats. Look at his face!!! He can't figure out what is going on...




See that little girl in the background? We ran into her later in the day. As we were walking by her, we saw that she as feeing the goat something. At that very exact moment her dad (grandpa?) was talking to someone on his cell phone and says "Oh my God, she just gave a goat a cookie!". I about fell down laughing! I'm laughing now just thinking of it!! It was funny. I guess you had to be there.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw how fun! I Love the picture of the kiddos looking at each other. so precious!! I need to take my niece there!

Anonymous said...

I totally laughed at the cookie comment. DH thinks we are both dorks.
By the by, we were there two days after that cow was born, he was that huge then. Who wants to give birth to that....just sayin.

Audrey said...

Oh I LOVE the bugs eye photo. Jake has gotten so big.